"Blessed are those servants whom the master finds vigilant on his arrival." -Luke 12:37
Help "usher" in the Kingdom!
Do you like to be helpful? Are you responsible and trustworthy? Do you want to earn some easy Parish Stewardship hours? How about volunteering to be a Youth Usher at the 5:30 PM Sunday Mass?
We would like members of Lighthouse to be a more visible presence at our weekly "youth" Mass. It is important that we take ownership of the tasks that must be done before, during, and after Mass. With a weekly commitment from just eight teens, we can have enough Youth Ushers to ensure everything goes smoothly at the 5:30 PM Mass.
What you do:
1. Arrive 25 minutes early for the Mass you have selected to be an usher. (For the 5:30 PM Mass, this means being there by 5:05 PM.)
2. Check in with one of the adult ushers.
3. Do not congregate.
4. Ushers stay inside the Narthex.
5. Keep doors to the Worship Area closed and open only for parishioners to go inside.
6. Greet parishioners and hand out worship aid before Mass.
7. Assist/usher with the offertory collection.
8. Usher during communion.
9. Hand out bulletins after Mass.
10. Have your
Parish Stewardship Record
signed by an adult in charge.