Baptism of Adults and Children 7 and older:
Christ told His disciples to preach the Gospel to all nations and to
baptize those who accept the message of the Gospel. For Catholics, the sacrament is not a mere formality; it is the very mark of a Christian, because it brings us into new life in Christ.
Requires a suitable period of formation before receiving sacrament.
Click here for more info
Baptism of Infants and Children 6 and under:
The primary responsibility of raising a child in the ways of faith rests with the parents. This obligation begins with Baptism and extends all the way into adulthood. Our parish is always happy to assist parents in their role as primary educators of their children in the ways of faith. If parents are not able to give this assurance or make this solemn commitment to the Church, they should consider delaying Baptism until they are prepared to make a serious commitment to undertake these responsibilities.
English: One Saturday per month at 10:30 AM.
Spanish: One Sunday per month after the 12:30 PM Spanish Mass
NOTE: Dates will be provided to parents
ONLY after completing Baptism Preparation class
AND submitting all required documents)
Baptism date must be confirmed by the Sacramental Preparation Office prior to any arrangements being made.
In order to request your child to be baptized, follow these steps:
Step 1. Register for the Parent Baptism Class:
Step 2. Register with our Parish or Request a Permission Letter:
- Parents must attend a Baptism Class. Classes are normally held the second Saturday of the month from 9 AM-11:30 AM. Pre-registration for the class is necessary. Please, stop by the Parish Office to register and to pick up a baptism book you must read over prior to attending the class.
- If you are not a member of our parish, please, register online prior to having your child baptized.
- If you are registered with another parish, please provide a letter of delegation (permission) from your pastor.
- If you come to mass in our Parish but you are not sure if you officially registered, please contact the office.
Step 3. Request Baptism Date
by providing the following:
- Baptism Request Form (signed by both parents)
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate (bring original, we'll make a copy)
- Godparent Eligibility Letter or Form: Godparents must request this letter from their home parishes and it must include home parish seal.
- $50 suggested donation (which covers cost of materials and stipend for the clergy. No one is turned away due to financial reason).
Would you like to know more? See our
(frequently asked questions) or contact the parish office at: 813-907-7746 ext 320.